Email Marketing – Pros And Cons
Posted on April 5th, 2012 by admin
Email marketing is actually defined to be a type of a direct marketing, which basically focuses on delivering information about the products and services of a certain company. In general, every single email which is being sent to customers, both existing and potential ones, can already be considered to be a form of email marketing.
Basically, the term “email marketing” is commonly used for identifying the following instances:
- Distribution of email messages with the aim of maintaining a marketer’s relationship with his previous and existing customers, for motivating loyalty of customers and by this means, continue the current business relationships.
- Distribution of email messages for the sake of acquiring new customers as well as ensuring that the current customers will have the opportunity buy the products and services offered.
- Incorporating some advertisements in the email messages being sent by companies to their clientele.
- Sending some email messages online.
Just like any other services, email marketing also has some pros and cons. If you are interested in using this strategy for building your business’ reputation, this is the best time for you to know the different advantages and drawbacks of using email marketing.
Pros of Email Marketing
The primary advantage of using email marketing is the reason that this is highly favored by many companies.
- As compared to the traditional means of advertisements like banners and billboards, email marketing is more successful as well as the most cost effective way of spreading the necessary information regarding your company’s products and services.
- A company only needs an internet connection and lists of emails for existing and potential customers.
- By its nature, email marketing is fast. With a minimal amount of time you can have your email marketing campaign up and running.
- Advertisers are able to reach out to large numbers of customers who have already opted in to receiving these emails and are showing interest in the services and products being advertised.
- Every single day, over half of internet users are checking their inbox. This means that a company has the opportunity to continuously grow their number of customers with each email campaign.
- Opt in marketing has been proven to be highly effective. It means that you have permission from the person to send them your emails. That way they can easily discover information about your company, your products and services, as well as new developments and happenings.
Cons of Email Marketing
- Many emails are filtered by the spam filters which are almost a necessity today.
- A lot of emails are being deleted by recipients without being read. This can lessen your chances of acquiring new customers.
Looking at the above, you can see that there are more pros than of cons for email marketing. This means that if you want your company to gain significant numbers of customers, email marketing is something that you should to try to achieve your business goals.